[mythtv-users] New User System Setup Questions

Micah Morton micah at oregontech.net
Thu Feb 20 17:01:30 UTC 2003

Before reading this, note: I have never gotten mythtv working and have
only once tried to with my Pinnacle BTTV card... So, here's what I've been
gathering over the last couple months of viewing this list.

I see TONS of people complain about their ATI All-In-Wonder cards....
   1) They can't record and playback at the same time...
   2) there are tons of auto-detection problems
   3) the VE model seems to be more problematic than others.

I don't see any problems with Hauppauge cards... everybody seems to have
really good luck with those.  I'm wondering what peoples opinions are with
these cards - what problems do they have, if any?

As for TV-Out, my GeForce2 MX400 has excellent TV-Out and was super-easy
to set up...  Why do people fuss with matrox g200/400/450 cards when there
is such a cheap alternative? is it because the g200 has a tv-tuner?  Can
it record and playback at the same time?

Thats all I have for now... :)

--Micah