[mythtv-users] Two TV Tuner Cards (was: Leadtek WinFast TV 2000 XP Deluxe NTSC)

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Wed Feb 19 18:32:16 UTC 2003

I'm using two tuners: ATI Wonder & Hauppauge WinTV GO. The Wonder uses
btaudio and the GO (mono) has a patch cable to my on-board sound.

I'm finding that I don't have enough processing power (Athlon XP2100)
for this setup using the standard 480x480 MPEG-4 settings. Encoding of
two streams is fine, but encoding of 2 and playback of a 3rd is too
much. Frames are dropped. Surprise. Surprise. I'll probably just move
one of the cards to a second PC.

-j