[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Xvideo?

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Wed Feb 19 17:39:31 UTC 2003

> Very untechnical explanation: when displaying on TV control over which
> line  goes where is important, you only have a handful. If you start
> scaling you  lose information. And you started off with the same TV
> resolution input  anyway, so there is no need to scale with any ugly
> factor, not on grabbing  and not on displaying.

Thanks.  I don't mind technical btw, if you don't mind typing it.  I'm
trying to learn all about this stuff.

>>So my question in a nutshell is, "what would be an alternative to Xv
>> that would be light on resources and not be difficult to port Myth to,
>> etc.".
> Framebuffer.
>
> Will be offered in the medium-distant future when the new output widget
> is  in place, which I am writing to support runtime configurable
> keybindings.  (For the logic between thet connection read the source of
> MythTV and QT :-)

Cool!  I'm willing to help, but as you have guessed, I am not experienced
in this area.  However, if you need someone else to try stuff, let me
know.     And yes, I plan on diving into the source soon.

Thanks,
Larry