[mythtv-users] Preemptive Kernel Patch

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Feb 18 17:31:43 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:10:06 -0500
"JC" <johnmythtv at crombe.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't this make a great addition to the HOWTO or FAQ section?
>
> I'm new to Linux and thought "nice" was a good way to describe the people on
> this forum ;-P
>
> Which processes did you "nice" and do you just do it in a console window in
> "real-time" and watch the results in Myth or what?  Do you start with a
> lower number and then increase?
>
> A little step-by-step would be really, ummm, nice!#!/bin/bash

No.  I use a wrapper script to fire up myth.  Adding
preemptive-kernel to the hacked redhat kernel is hard, basically.

----
export PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:$PATH
export DISPLAY=:0.0
alsactl -f /tmp/asound.save store
alsactl -f /root/mythtv.asound.state restore
#
v4lctl -c /dev/video0 setnorm ntsc
if [ -f ~/.tv.myth ]; then
        . ~/.tv.myth
        v4lctl -c /dev/video0 bright ${BRIGHT}
        v4lctl -c /dev/video0 color ${COLOR}
        v4lctl -c /dev/video0 contrast ${CONTRAST}
        v4lctl -c /dev/video0 hue ${HUE}
fi
#
#mythtv