[mythtv-users] Leadtek WinFast TV 2000 XP Deluxe NTSC

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Tue Feb 18 18:42:25 UTC 2003

I am running the latest CVS MythTV with Redhat 8.0.  I have followed
the Myth docs and everything installs and works fine, except after
watching live TV for about 10-15 minutes, my system will hang.  After
about a couple of days, it will eventually hang when just recording.

I was originally using on-board sound (SiS 7012) with ALSA 9rc6, but
then I started fresh with a Sound Blaster 16 PCI with ALSA 9rc6.  It
made no difference.

Here is a rundown of my current hardware:
ECS K7S5A motherboard
AMD XP 2100+
Sound Blaster 16 PCI
Voodoo Banshee AGP
60G WD hard drive

I even tried updating my kernel to 2.4.20 with the lastest bttv
drivers, to no avail.  I LOVE MythTV when my hardware lets it run.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Patrick