[mythtv-users] Preemptive Kernel Patch

Cliff Draper Cliff.Draper at Sun.com
Sun Feb 16 22:46:18 UTC 2003

(in continuation of my earlier post)

Don't know if this helps, but I altered the mythcontext
class to print out the driver and database error text if it can't connect,
and now the output of my setup is now this:

[stu at localhost mythtv-0.7]$ ./setup/setup
connnecting to database mythconverg as mythtv with password mythtv with host
name localhost
driver error text is: QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
database error text is: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
couldn't open db

Maybe someone knows why this occur's ??

Thanks a lot