[mythtv-users] TV out in black and white

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Feb 11 22:25:36 UTC 2003

Michael J. Sherman wrote:

> Bruce Markey wrote:
>> If just the TV picture is black and white, I've seen this
>> when the fine tuning of the capture card was off because
>> the tuner type was not detected correctly for the bttv
>> driver.
>>

> I have this issue as well.  If video is coming off the Television input
> of my tuner card (ATI Wonder TV VE), the image is b&w.  However, if I
> select the Composite1 input (hitting "c" in mythtv), the signal comes in
> full color.

I assume that you you couldn't use the same nvtv fix that
solved this for Baba.

There's no fine tuning needed for the composite input which
makes me suspect even more that this is the problem.

> For testing I have an antenna hooked up to a VCR, then from the VCR I
> have both coax and an RCA composite running to the tuner card.  The
> signal over the coax seems to be interpreted as b&w, but the composite
> is color and looks just fine.
>
> It behaves the same way in XawTV, so it's not a MythTV issue, but
> probably a card driver issue.

Try running xawtv and press the right or left arrow keys
several times to see if that fixes it. If so look through
the archive for messages about tuner type for this card.

--  bjm