[mythtv-users] ATI All-in-Wonder 7500 (remote)

Dwight Hubbard dhubbard at dwightandamy.com
Tue Feb 11 16:36:49 UTC 2003

The steps I used worked something like this, this is coming off the top of
my head, but should be pretty close:

1. Pulled down the ati_remote kernel module source from the gatos project.
   wget http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gatos/ati_remote-2.1.1.tgz

2. Extract the tarball.
   tar -xzvf ati_remote-2.1.1.tgz

3. Install the kernel sources
   up2date kernel-source

4. cd into the driver directory
   cd ati_remote-2.1.1

5. Fix the makefile (it looks for the kernel includes in /usr/src/linux
instead of /usr/src/linux-2.4)
   cp Makefile Makefile.bad
   sed "s/I\/usr\/src\/linux\//I\/usr\/src\/linux-2.4\//g" < Makefile.bad
> Makefile

6. Build the module
   make

7. Install the module
   make install

8. Redo the module dependencies.
   depmod -a

9. Make sure the module loads.
   modprobe ati_remote

10. Make the module load on startup (lazy method)
   echo "/sbin/modprobe ati_remote" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local

11. Set up the keys on the remote using xmodmap (I don't have my xmodmap
file handy here)