[mythtv-users] Auto-Transcoding Setup

Aleaxander alex at carbonated.com
Wed Dec 31 00:40:47 EST 2003

I want to setup my mythtv box to auto transcode (MythTV .13, Fedora Core
using Jarod's Guide), but I am having problems figuring out how to do
so.  I looked at the documentation and it says:

"To enable automatic transcoding, do the following: start the setup
program under the host-specific settings: set the Transcoder Auto-run
checkbox"

However, when I run:
$ mythtvsetup
and then select:
1. General
and look at the screen "Host-specific Backend Setup", I don't see a
check-box.

I can't find anywhere in the setup program that refers to Transcoding.
Am I just completely misreading the instructions or maybe the
documentation out of date?  Either way, any help setting up MythTV to
auto-transcode (just point me in the right direction) would be greatly
appreciated.

-Alex Offermann