[mythtv-users] backend server

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Tue Dec 30 23:51:14 EST 2003

On 30 Dec 2003 at 22:53, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> I've got my 3 M179 cards in a Celeron 400 box with 256MB RAM and
> recording on all 3 cards at once works good.  My Myth recordings
> directory is on NFS over 100-Mbit ethernet.

So, your 3 cards send their recordings to another box (the nfs dir) or is the
recordings directory on the same box?  Are you using an ATA100 card or does
the motherboard support ata100 already?

> I'd give it a shot, nothing to lose but a few hours worth of time
> to set it up to test.

True... but, being that I am moving in 2 weeks, not sure when I'll find the
time :-(

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting