[mythtv-users] nuvexport cutlist on knoppmyth

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Dec 30 19:15:50 EST 2003

>  I’m still kinda wondering about the difference between the “Transcode
> export to SVCD” and “Transcode export to VCD” to just “export to SVCD”
> and “export to VCD”.  Just a little question…

the "transcode" ones use the transcode program to set up and execute the
conversion, instead of mythtranscode.  Transcode doesn't recognize
mythtv's nuv files properly, so these modes only work if you have
mpeg2-based nuv files (the author didn't realize this, and I haven't had
a chance to put in a check to disable them when used on "standard" nuv
files).

> I try to export to DivX it asks me if it wants to use the cutlist from
> Myth, and I answer Yes, but it doesn’t take out the commercials…

I think that this is something that Geoff (mythtranscode author) needs
to look at, if he hasn't already fixed it in CVS - it *is* a known
issue, though.  I always cut out my commercials with the X key after
editing them, since myth now supports cutlist processing without
reencoding.

-Chris