[mythtv-users] Hauppauge IR Receiver

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 17:27:43 EST 2003

>From: "MythTV User" <mythtv_user at lambdaaccess.com>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: [mythtv-users] Hauppauge IR Receiver
>Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:55:59 -0500
>
>I purchased a Hauppauge PVR-250 on e-bay and it came with the remote,
>but not the IR Receiver (despite the fact that the guy who sold it to
>me claimed he was shipping everything that originally came in the
>package).
>Anyone have any information on how I can build or buy one that plugs
>into the PVR-250?  I would rather do that than use a serial port
>version since I only have one RS232 port.
>Thanks

You can either buy the IR receiver from Radio Shack and put it on the
end of a long 3 conductor cable with a 3/32" stereo plug at the end
(I have the pinout somewhere if you need it) or you can call up
Hauppauge and order a replacement or there is a third alternative
which I can think of but is somewhat dishonest and I kind of have
good feelings towards Hauppauge (you might be able to guess what
it is).

Any standard IR receiver should work.  The frequency should be
approx. 36kHz.  Similar frequencies would work but the range might
be limited.  The Radio Shack part number is 276-640 (according to
the LIRC site).

Let me know if you need the pinout for the plug.

-- Harry O.