[mythtv-users] cheapest place to get a 250 and a 350

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 09:41:34 EST 2003

On Monday 29 December 2003 16:07, Malcolm wrote:
> Cheapest I found so far was on buy.com
>
> 250 for $135.99
> 350 for $174.98
>
> Any cheaper sources out there?  Also are there cheaper alternatives?
> Like instead of using the 250 as an enconder is there a cheaper card
> that will do the same thing?

The AverMedia M-179 was going for USD$49 on eBay last month... don't
know if you'll still be able to find any.  It uses the same chipset as
the PVR-250, I believe, and is compatible with the ivtv driver.  You
used to need to patch the driver, but I believe the patch has been
rolled into ivtv CVS now, IIRC.  Several folks on the list have this
card; I just got 2 but haven't had a chance to install them yet
(waiting to get a new box).

-JAC