[mythtv-users] Skipping video with DVB-T

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 11:30:30 EST 2003

Scammell, David wrote:
> Look at this thread in the archive:
>
> RE: [mythtv-users] Re: Nova-T ac-tex damaged etc.
>
> UDMA to the disk needs to be working okay, try hdparm -t /dev/hda (or
> whichever drive has the video data) and check your throughput if <20M/s its
> an _indication_ that there may be a udma issue. Also check dmesg.

I get 38MB/s from hdparm, dmesg shows nothing unusual from what I can see.

I have some hardware issues with m machine though and I'm waiting for a
new motherboard to arrive which should hopefully fix them.  The reason I
didn't think this was related was that LiveTV works OK as does playing
the raw stream using mplayer or spooling the raw stream to a file and
playing with mplayer.

I'll wait and see if the upgrade fixes this but for now it means that
all my recordings are unwatchable!

JD