[mythtv-users] PVR-350 - Should I send it back?

Johnny Fulcrum johnnyfulcrum at mn.rr.com
Mon Dec 29 15:32:41 EST 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 09:07:21 -0500, Jason Giddens <jgiddens at bigfoot.com>
wrote:

> Ok,
>
> For Christmas my wife was wonderful enough to buy me an Asus Pundit,
> CPU, Memory
> and a Hauppauge PVR-350. I had given her the hardware list after reading
> the
> Mythtv web page, and lurking on the list for a while.

Your wife an my wife should talk.  The sooner the better ;)

> Now that I have gotten the devices, I am wondering if I should send in
> the 350
> and get a PVR-250 instead. Here is why I may want to:
>
> - I am a Linux Newbie- I know there are excellent docs out there to help
> me, but
> I am pretty much a rank beginner and the 350 seems like I need to be a
> little
> more "leet" to handle it.

Bah! Leet is as Leet does.  Leet, shmeet - You've got hardweare, software
and a brain?  That's all you need.
Keep the 350, use the on board Pundit out and play with the 350 out once
you get used to the system.

You've got hardware to "grow into" !  Keep it!