[mythtv-users] Very strange frontend behavior

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Mon Dec 29 05:26:45 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 00:23, Ian Forde wrote:
> Thanks on the first.  The second isn't (IMHO) likely.  I tarballed over
> the source tree, did a make distclean, then built it on the second...
> but since it the settings xml file issue was fixed in CVS, I might as
> well upgrade both machines now... I've gotten mythmusic almost working
> again.  But the mythtv module is complaing that "the connection to the
> master backend server has gone away for some reason"... any ideas there?

Responding to my own post...

The mythmusic is fixed, and I've upgraded both boxes to cvs as of just
after midnight.  (I'm on PST).  I had to do some checking to ensure that
I was getting to the database okay.  That's all fine.  But I managed to
get the remote frontend to access the recorded shows *once*, and then it
immediately popped up a socket timeout message box.  I've checked the
following places:

Backend setup (IP address points to the IP configured on eth0.  So does
the Master Server IP address field.)
Backend /etc/my.cnf (Stock settings)
Backend /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt (DBHostName is set to
localhost)
Frontend /etc/my.cnf (Stock settings)
Frontend /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt (DBHostName is set to the
configured IP of eth0)

Where else should I be looking?

	-I
--