[mythtv-users] Building a box with digital cable.

L. Velasco ldv111 at wowway.com
Mon Dec 29 01:26:49 EST 2003

Im looking into building a media center box, and I know these qeustions are asked all the time, but I have yet to see one with this question.

I have digital cable, and instead of having a cable box, I was wondering if I could just get a WinTV-D card, acutally 2 of them so I can record 2 channels at once.  Would this card work?  would this be the only card I need?  Do like they support mpeg and mpeg2 playback?  Could I just use the tv out on a geforce card?

spec im looking at
xp 2800
1gig ram
geforce 4 card maybe 5200
2x120gig hd's
2 wintvd cards

anything else that I need?

all the help one could give would be appreicated.

thanks

--lance