[mythtv-users] FW: MythTV progress (sort of)

stan stanb at panix.com
Sat Dec 27 10:51:32 EST 2003

I'm sepnding way too much of my time this Christmas vacation trying to get
a working MythV system :-(

I've got a machine with a single WinTV card in it, and here is my latest
effort.

I reinstalled KnoppMYTH, which as you will recall reboots the machine and
brings up a configuration dialog. Unfortunatley networking is not
configured at this point ;-(

So, I started the configuration dialong, and once it had enable dhcp. I
changed to a consoel, and did apt-get update apt-ger install xmltv to
update xmltv. Then I finished the confg dialg. As the dialog ran, ut
downloaded valid listings. Then I was able to go in and breofly watch live
TV. Still not chanel change, so I think this is a problem with the
insertion of the corect tuner module. Also no sound, so the mixer mdule may
not be correct also.

Unfortnately, the next time I tried to go into watching live TV it said it
could not contact the backend. Looking around in the log files, it looks
like MySQL is dying :-( Any ideas on this?

Would I be better of starting from KnoppMYTH, or installing Debian
unstable, and then grabing myth? I have failed both ways at the present
time.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin

----- End forwarded message -----