[mythtv-users] mysqlfill and tv_grab_de

Stefan Gmeiner riddlebox at freesurf.ch
Fri Dec 26 16:54:00 EST 2003

> > > I installed during christmas mythtv with a PVR-350 with the help of
> > > PVR350 Walkthrough from Torsten Schenkel.
>
> Glad to hear it helped you, did you notice something that has to be
> changed in the walkthrough?

Yes, it was a really great help, also as I have no experience with Debian.
I made some small notice during the install. I think I will send them to
you as soon as my installation is fully running. Thanks again for that
great documentation!

> Ah yes, I left that out, since it's country specific. Maybe I'll ad a
> link to the bucksch site. The skript works fine. Descriptions are a bit
> long, so the record screens are not usable any more (buttons are pushed
> off screen), but otherwise, the tvmovie info is quite good.
>
> To fix this (the too long decription in the recording screens) edit
> libs/libmythtv/programinfo.cpp:
>
> Find this line:
>
> QLabel *descriptionfield = new QLabel(description, parent);
>
> and change it to:
>
> QLabel *descriptionfield = new QLabel(description.left(180), parent);
>

> (Is there some way to say it's a three line textbox or something,
> instead of truncating the content after 180 chars?)
>
> > I've the same problem, but i managed to get the tv oisting with the
> > bucksch-skript. (see this thread:
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?guest=1880268&
> >t=search_engine&do%3Dpost_view_flat%3Bsb%3Dpost_latest_reply%3Bso%3DASC
> >%3Bpost%3D95869%3B=Next+Thread)
>
> Torsten

I managed now to get the program info (Thanks to Martin Engelhard for his
link), but I still have problems with the settings of the channels. I'm
still trying...

Stefan