[mythtv-users] Cannot Connect to Database

ravenel at email.unc.edu ravenel at email.unc.edu
Fri Dec 26 16:32:07 EST 2003

I have installed MythTV through KnoppMyth, but am running into problems.

When I check my log file for mythbackend
(/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log), I see the following:

Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Unknown database 'mythconverg'

Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone have any ideas as to what is
happening? The log file is also filled with instanced of "QSettings:
Error Creating /.qt" saying the filename is null/empty. I dont know if
this has anything to do with my problems, though. I checked to make sure
that the mythconverg database does exist.

If I ignore the problem and continue, when I try to grab the XMLTV
listings, it repeats itself over and over again, grabbing the listings,
and then doing it again. If I stop it and continue to MythTV, the
listings appear to be in order, but I get nothing displaying on the TV
but green.

Any ideas? Thanks...