[mythtv-users] "vcr" plugin?

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Fri Dec 26 15:04:57 EST 2003

This functionality has been completed; but disabled.  The person who
originally submitted it hasn't maintained it so Isaac disabled it
several months ago.  It was call "Manual Recording".  If you desire this
functionality, you could submit a patch to fix the problems with it.
IIRC the problems with it were segfaults.  I don't think the code was
removed, just disabled.  All: Please correct me if I'm wrong on the
specifics.

-dan

Jason Richardson wrote:
> maybe this is already possible with one of the existing modules, but i
> havent been able to find it yet...
> i would like to have a module that very closely emulates the functions of
> a standard analog vcr, with a screen that has all the typical controls
> (play, rec, stop, etc) plus options for video quality, input selection
> and a filename. the idea being to set everything up, and then just press
> record to save to disk until the stop button is pressed. a video preview
> window would be nice as well, but not absolutely necessary (i can use an
> extra tv monitor if need be, but i would rather not).
> this will make it real easy to make vhs->dvd dubs and other analog to
> digital recordings (camcorders maybe?) that cannot be scheduled through
> the normal interface.
> any thoughts, ideas, concerns would be appreciated :)
>
> 1986 Merkur XR4Ti w/ Dodge SMEC engine controller
> 12.8 @ 110 mph in the 1/4
> www.merkur-xr4ti.com

main(){int j=1234;char t[]=":@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.\n",*i=
"iqgbgxmdzlolyb\nu.pax\nlek.n";char *strchr(const char*,int);
while(*i){j+=strchr(t,*i++)-t;j%=sizeof t-1;putchar(t[j]);}return 0;}