[mythtv-users] A7N266-VM S-Video, DVI addon card. Experiences?

Amit Punjabi krackato at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 15:03:14 EST 2003

I was thinking of building a MythTV box around an Asus A7N266-VM
motherboard.  I figure it's got built in video, lan, sound, an optical
sound output, and unlike the Chaintech 7NIF2, there's no fan on the
motherboard.  However, the Chaintech has Svideo built in, so I'd have to
get an additional card.

Everyone says that they're happy using the Geforce 4 MX440 svideo
output, so I could get one of those for around ~$40, but then I noticed
that Asus has an add-on card that Newegg sells for $25 shipped that
includes Svideo and DVI:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-209&depa=1

Anyone have any experience with this?  I like the features of the
Chaintech, but when you're trying to make a quiet computer, fans are the
the enemy.

Krackato