[mythtv-users] VIDIOC_S vs VIDIOC_G ??

Myth Michale mythtv at pln.cc
Thu Dec 25 18:33:31 EST 2003

Hello mythtv-users,

  I put the test_ioctl setup commands into a little script that sets
  my PVR350 up for NTSC and INPUT 0.

  When I run the little doo-hickey, it says VIDIOC_S_INPUT etc etc
  etc....

  But when I do the test_ioctl -a to check settings, everywhere there
  was a VIDIOC_S, it now says VIDIOC_G.

  I was curious as to why this is and if it is a problem.

  I am getting only BLACK & WHITE using ioctl_test -p 0 when I should
  be getting color.

  During testing, I ran the MOVIE player and I heard a loud BLUURP of
  audio and then I was booted out of X.  After re-logging in, I ran
  MOVIE PLAYER again and got B/W video and regular audio.  After
  fiddling with the -p some more, I still got B/W but this time, no
  audio.

  Happy Mything

                       Michale

--