[mythtv-users] Forum better than mailing list

Mark Cooper mythtv-users at mcooper.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 25 17:33:58 EST 2003

reflex wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are thousands of questions about mythtv. Does it support my
> card, can I have this feature, why does it not work with
> $Mydistro??
>
> Getting MythTV to work is not that easy. But the biggest problem
> is the lack of proper documentation. It works for me now more or
> less but I had to surf google all the time and distiguish between
> unrelated info and outdated info.
>
> We could greatly improve the documentation section if you would
> provide a Good Forum(tm) like phpBB and create several sections
> like
<SNIP>

I'm afraid I have to disagree with about their being a lack of
documentation. There is plenty of documentation on the website (
although you may need to dig for it ) and there are a number of very
good install guides, such as Jarrod's excellent one at
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=rh9pvr250 that a large
number of people have followed successfully.

I'm not convinced about the forum's either. The mailing list provides an
invaluable source of help and is archived at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/

However, there are forums available at
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-forums.php and the PVR Hardware Database
at http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-pvrhwdb.php was set-up specifically to
help with hardware compatibility questions

As for the same old questions being posted over and over again....that
always happens even though there is a FAQ

HTH

Happy Xmas everyone!!

--

Mark Cooper