[mythtv-users] Forum better than mailing list

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Thu Dec 25 14:35:27 EST 2003

> You can already search the mailing list / browse it in a threaded manner
> on the web.  Most people can't be bothered to try and look for an answer
> themselves before posting it to the list.  If there was a web board
> nothing would change you'd STILL get the same questions asked over and over.

OK, the issue is that there are people not willing to view forums. ... and there are forum freaks (like me).
I strongly believe a forums will be better for mythtv in the long run.
Why? I like to search before mailing every little question I have.
You'll say it's already possible with the mailinglist website you can search in. But the searches (with me at least) mostly give to much unclear output. Because the threaded system shows your search sorted on date.. and threads seem to get tangled up in different branches.

there is already a forum up and running at epia.repvik.org .. it's mostly centered about mythtv on an epia.. but the forums can be modded arround quite easily. The admin will not make a fuzz about that, ain't it right Repvik?

Motto of today: Search before asking/mailing. But provide the tools to be able to do it efficiently.

Jelle.

--
echo 16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlb xq |dc