[mythtv-users] Knoppmyth lirc with streamzap

William Lindner blazing-dragon at charter.net
Thu Dec 25 09:38:43 EST 2003

Hi,

Well, I know that this should be posted in the knoppmyth forum, but of
course knoppmyth is down right now, and so I must post it here.  Anyway, I
have been using Knoppmyth for a while now, and I've been using Myth ever
longer, they're both incredibly amazing if I do say so myself!  So I
recently received a Streamzap PC remote, which looks really great, and I've
heard that it works very well with Myth.  The only problem is that I can't
get it up and running.  When I installed myth it asked me to install the
lirc, but because I did not have a remote I didn't feel that I needed to
install it so I didn't.  Well, I shutdown my myth box, and connected the usb
receiver, no problems at all, then I threw some batteries into the remote
and whenever I pressed any buttons on the remote a light would flash on the
receiver, so I know for sure that the receiver and remote are working, but
just not with Myth.  Because pressing any of the buttons does absolutely
nothing.  I'm sure that I need to configure lirc (I think it's:
/etc/lirc.conf) but I'm not sure how to configure it to work with the
Streamzap.  And I just need help getting the remote to work with Myth.  If
you need any clarification or have any questions for me please just ask and
I will try to elaborate.  Thank you very much in advance and merry
Christmas.