[mythtv-users] Jerky live TV

Graham Wheeler gram at bradygirl.com
Thu Dec 25 00:44:44 EST 2003

Actually things are a lot worse than I thought - not only is the live TV
jerky, but MythTV freezes up entirely after a while (could be seconds,
or minutes, the time varies).

Looking in the logs I see:

ERROR: file I/O problem in safe_write()

No space left on device

Doing a df-k I see:

/dev/hda1  Mounted / Size 3Gb Used 47%

/dev/hda3 Mounted /cache Size 8Gb Used 100%

/dev/hda4 Mounted /myth Size 104Gb Used 1%

The file systems were created using the default settings from KnoppMyth
(the drive is a 120Gb WD w/2Mb cache).