[mythtv-users] Re:My MythTV journey

Robert Krig rkrig at gmx.de
Wed Dec 24 17:52:14 EST 2003

Woah!?!? 3-4mb free of 512mb!???

This is not windows!

Linux usually fills up your ram all the way for caching or something like that. Its debatable wether or not to count that as ram usage.
Personally, I count ram usage as the amount of ram that your running processeses take up. For example, gkrellm shows me that I'm currently using 69mb out of 256. At the moment Im recording a show, but not watching it at the same time. My server is currently using 92mb out of 768. Its serving nfs, ftp, distcc, and mldonkey and its been 36days since the last reboot (that was the time I finished configuring it).

By the way I'm using gentoo, with a fluxbox desktop.