[mythtv-users] My MythTV journey

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 24 10:48:15 EST 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 17:07, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> > * Stay away from nforce boards
>
> I disagree. That has to be qualified. Stay away from nForce boards if
> you aren't experienced and won't be installing Fedora/Red Hat.
> Otherwise, they work quite well. I patched absolutely nothing to get
> mine working, first under Red Hat Linux 9, now under Fedora Core.

Hmmm, what's the state of things for other distros regarding nForce?
I'm pretty experienced & have no problem patching, building new
kernels, etc.  Is it really a PITA to get all of the stuff nForce needs
in other distros (say, Debian/KnoppMyth)?  I'm trying to decide if I
want my new box to have an nForce2 board, and I'll want to pick an
appropriate distro to go with it.  I was hoping to migrate away from
RH/Fedora as I wanted to try an apt-based distro.

-JAC