[mythtv-users] Help / suggestions /: Myth locked up and now ...

Stuart Felenstein stuart4m at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 20:41:37 EST 2003

Not sure what happened, Mythbackend was fine, Mythfrontend going along.  I was in setup screen and everything locked up. No choice, I had to hit the power button (done it before) only this time the system is hosed.  Maybe, so being a linux noob , maybe someone can give me the skinny on any options at saving my weeks of work.

No I do not have a rescue floppy!  The system boots though, but the first indication that something is bad is vgscan no longer sees my logvol (non-root) and a message that says /cat/bin: write error , no space left on disk.

Then it gets to the point where you see the text prompt quickly and where X would start.  After that it's just an endless loop of attempting to start X and going back to the prompt quickly.  I haven't been able to stop the attempt at starting X.

Sorry, I know this is the Myth list, and this is outside the discussion.

Thanks

Stuart