[mythtv-users] DVD Support

dave perkovich dtperko at lycos.com
Tue Dec 23 16:32:34 EST 2003

I am in the final stages of installing and configuring MythTV.

I am wondering what level of DVD support is included under the "Videos" section?

It seems "Videos" only supports pointing to a single file (MPEG, AVI, etc.)

What about pointing it to an IFO that defines a locally ripped DVD?

I know VOBs are supported, but then you won't get the nice DVD menus that an IFO defines.

I really like the idea of the "video" library - with box art, descriptions, etc. - to house my ripped DVDs.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks...