[mythtv-users] knoppmyth and pvr350 tv-out

Timon, John john.timon at labatt.com
Tue Dec 23 12:06:35 EST 2003

Hi all.

	I have a question that I hope someone can help me with.  I have
installed knoppmyth R4 and I have a pvr-350.

I have enabled tv-out on it, by adding to /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv the line
for the saa7127 driver.  I have also created a startup script linked to
/etc/rc5.d/S98/ivtv-fb in which I do modprobe ivtv-fb.  I modifed the
XF86config-4 according to the information in ivtv-fb.c and I checked the use
PVR350 checkbox on the playback setup of Myth.

	When the machine boots, I see X come up on my TV.  Then Mythfrontend
starts up all happy (gui resized to fit) I can move around inside the GUI
fine, view weather, browse recordings etc.  However when I go to Live TV.
The screen goes black and nothing.  Esc doesn't bring me back to the GUI
either, I have to hit Q, which dumps me out to X.

	If I change things so that X starts up on my computer monitor and
the ivtv-fb module is not loaded.  I can run mythfrontend on the Computer
screen and display live tv to the TV.  However there is obviously no
overlay.

	I am at a loss as to what am I doing wrong.

	Any sort of direction at this point is welcome.

thanks.

--
John Timon

Computer Science is as much about computers as astronomy is about telescopes
	-- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra (1930-2002)