[mythtv-users] MythFrontend only runs as root

David Brieck Jr. myth at brieck.com
Tue Dec 23 10:51:30 EST 2003

I'm finishing up my Myth setup and one of the things I haven't been able
to get working is the frontend running under a user other than root. I'm
running Mandrake 9.2 with thacs rpms. I have dual PVR-250s if that
matters. Ivtv is running just fine, and I'm able to watch Live TV, but
only when the frontend is run under root.

Can someone give me an idea of where the permissions might be wrong? I
don't want to run the frontend as root so please don't tell me it's ok
as root. If you need additional information about my setup I'll respond
ASAP.