[mythtv-users] Building myth box

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Mon Dec 22 11:33:05 EST 2003

> How does the commercial tagging anyway?

This doesn't parse.

> Does it work correctly?

Yes, it's pretty good.  The only time it gets confused is extremely dark
scenes coming out of a commercial.

> It's not important to me (since most my video sources are commercial free
> anyway) but I'm curious.

OK.  But for those that do run commercial detection, using too slow a
processor means that your commercial detection is going to take a long
time, especially if there are multiple threads running.

In addition, mysql will run slowly, and some of the visualizations in
MythMusic probably won't work at all.

Basically, you probably don't want to use less than a Neheimah-based
M10000 for adequate performance.