[mythtv-users] Segmentation fault

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Mon Dec 22 10:01:47 EST 2003

ok, here's what I did,

(based on gentoo installation)

ebuild /usr/portage/x11-base/xfree/xfree-4.3.99.901.ebuild unpack
then went into /var/tmp/portage/xfree-4.3.99.901/work/xc/....... until you
hit the via directory
Patched the 770 patch, patched the 857 patch, patched Ivor's patch and built
the whole thing, installed it.
downloaded the clexf40038 lite binaries from the via site ( I don't know if
I have to use them, but I used some files like via_dri )... perhaps they
make a difference.. but I DID NOT replace via_driver.so .. the original
driver Xfree produces is working fine

Downloaded Ivor's libddmpeg-1.4 file. unpacked it, built it, installed it in
/usr/X11R6/lib/
ebuild /usr/portage/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.13-r1.ebuild unpack
whent into /var/tmp/portage/mythtv-0.13-r1/work/mythtv-0.13/
modified the settings.pro file
then went out of that directory structure and did:
ebuild /usr/portage/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.13-r1.ebuild compile install
qmerge
(I damn the ebuild maker for removing the USE="via" option) (but
understandable seen it's very unstable)

configured the database, used mythsetup ... started up the backend as user
"root"
started X as user root. started mythfrontend as root. Got louzy performance
for now, but it works.. it's still in development.

  _____