[mythtv-users] Building myth box

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 22 04:12:34 EST 2003

On Dec 21, 2003, at 23:27, Darrick Hartman wrote:

> --- Carlos Fernandez Sanz <cfs-myth at nisupu.com> wrote:
>
>> living room, but I'd rather get what I need
>> power-wise than size-wise. In
>> any case, a quiet computer is essential to me, so if
>> you know of a regular
>> size mobo with no CPU fan let me know :-)
>
> You know, there is no reason why you can't use a VIA
> C3 processor on a socket 370 (P3/Celeron) board.  It
> would be easy to then install a Zallman style cooler
> and have no fan on the CPU.  The Eden processor
> (fanless EPIA board) is not available as a separate
> chip, but I know the C3 is.

There's also no reason you can't use a Zalman cooler on a P4 or
Athlon...

I have a CoolerMaster case, nForce2 board, Athlon XP processor, 3 PCI
cards, etc., and its as close to silent as you can get with a hard
drive in there. For a silent CPU cooler, look at the Zalman flower
heatsinks, and/or read over this site:

http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE