[mythtv-users] Re:Commercial flagging in Germany?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Dec 21 21:24:00 EST 2003

> > Apparently a lot of the German TV channels increase the volume when
> > the commercial break comes. 9 times out 10 I find myself reaching

> FWIW I notice exactly the same thing here in the USA (Cox Cable in
> Florida).  I haven't really played with commercial detection yet, but

This is on my long-term TODO list for the commercial detection but it is
currently way down on my list.  If anybody wants to take a try at
implementing some form of either detecting portions of video with
corresponding louder audio or with a new setting to automatically
lower the volume during flagged commercials, I'm willing to accept
patches.

--

Chris