[mythtv-users] Serial Control channel scripts

Wier, Daniel C. daniel at thegreatwhite.net
Sun Dec 21 19:31:08 EST 2003

I am having problems with the serial control scripts.  I am playing with
three different scripts.  I am running Fedora Core 1 stripped down to
basicly the core and then everything custom built from there.  I have a
serial cable connected from ttyS0 to the unit which is an RCA DRD221RD.
Using this script:

http://www.rjcorman.com/files/changechannel.txt

the program works fine, but it brings up a menu that you have to
manually select the command and then submit, you can not use CLI
arguments.

The following scripts do not work at all.  These ones I have downloaded
from different messages already sent in here.

http://www.rjcorman.com/files/sony.txt

http://www.rjcorman.com/files/rca.txt

These scripts just drop back to the CLI without actually doing the
associated command.  I have tried on, off, channel 354, 354.  If I
unplug the cable it will error, but with the cable plugged in it does
not error.  I need this to work if I am going to get Myth to be able to
change the channel.

I have renamed the .pl extensions to .txt so that you can download it
easier.  I am planning on leaving there here for awhile too, so others
can get at them.  I have a hard time getting them from some of the sites
linked here.

Second problem:

The ppv.pl script does not seem to work.

http://www.rjcorman.com/files/ppv.txt

when you try to run it, it gives this:

Downloading PPV information...done.

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Column 'stars' cannot be null at ./ppv.pl
line 285.

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Column 'stars' cannot be null at ./ppv.pl
line 285.

Issuing rollback() for database handle being DESTROY'd without explicit
disconnect().

Updating database with PPV information...

I have no idea on this one.  Someone suggested that it has to do with
channels I do not have, but I have checked and all the channels listed
in the database are real channels.

Files hosted (listed here for people searching in form):

rca.pl ppv.pl sony.pl changechannel.pl changechannel

Thanks,

Daniel Wier

General at AMHAOnline.com