[mythtv-users] epia / gentoo / mythtv / hw mpeg working partially!!

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Sun Dec 21 11:45:49 EST 2003

Jep,

I got around to testing it today. It's up and running at my end. I don't want to use it as playback yet, because it's very poor in quality. It stutters a lot still, but I have the CPU usage down to like less then 40% when running mythtv. At first it was over 100% cpu usage!!

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=49053&STARTPAGE=1

what I did was:
Follow the blade5 wiki, until the kernel building.
download and patch the kernel to 2.4.23-epia1 then follow the instructions on the site of Ivor for the last patch and get the kernel up and running.

After that I followed Ivor's howto on getting xfree compiled and running. (don't forget to follow Ivor's libddmpeg instructions after that).

Jelle

--
echo 16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlb xq |dc