[mythtv-users] Automatic Shutdown: Backend never idles?

Michael Schmidt crashedpixels at gmx.de
Sun Dec 21 09:56:58 EST 2003

Hello List,

  with delight I noticed that MythTV 0.13 now supports automatic
shutdown/wakeup. I installed nvram-wakeup, setup my backend to shutdown
after idling for 600 seconds. But it just won't go to sleep...

While still playing with the controls I once got "I'm idle now... shutdown
will occur in 60 seconds" in my mythbackend.log. But now it just won't go to
sleep again.

I'm running backend and frontend on the same box. Do I have to quit the
frontend for the backend to become idle? Any advice?

Rock on,

   Michael