[mythtv-users] WinTV 250 Not Detected

Gary Huntress ghuntress at comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 19:12:48 EST 2003

 Hi guys,

    This is only indirectly a MythTV problem, but I know there are a lot of
WinTV people here.   Perhaps you can help me.

    I have a WinTV 250 card and a generic RH9 installation (currently
running a 2.4.23 v4l2 enabled kernel).  My problem is not driver (ivtv)
related either....the problem is that my card seems to not be detected at
all by my system.

    I do not see it listed when I do "lspci -v".  I think it would show up
as "multimedia", I'm not specifically looking for Hauppage.  All my other
hardware is detected fine.   I've changed PCI slots, and I've verified that
the card is detected in a Windows XP system.  I've also recompiled my kernel
and changed  "PCI Access Mode" from "any" to "direct" (recommended by a
friend).

    Does this sound like a BIOS issue?   It's a cheap but not too ancient
GHz PIII box.   If so, is it even possible to flash the bios from linux?
(assuming there IS an update)

Thanks,

Gary