[mythtv-users] Yet Another PVR350 TV-Out Question

Michael Schmidt crashedpixels at gmx.de
Fri Dec 19 22:18:46 EST 2003

Hello Everybody,

  I struggled the last few days with getting my PVR 350 to work with MythTV.
Now it finally works and I even got the PAL TV-out working. ;) There remains
one problem though.

Am I right that the TV-Out of the PVR350 can only be used for watching Live
TV and recordings? When I try to play a movie  that isn't decoded in
hardware, playback is so choppy it's unwatchable. I guess this is because
the PVR can't scale the picture in hardware.

So if I want to use anything beside live TV (transcoding, mplayer) if have
to use the TV out of another graphics card. And this would suck because the
quality of the PVR350 is pretty impressive... Or is there something I am
missing?

Rock on,

   Michael