[mythtv-users] Live TV ("Waited 2 seconds...") freeze does notoccur when using mpeg4

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Dec 19 11:34:34 EST 2003

Alan Snyder wrote:

>After the all-night success, was it still 30 seconds
>behind?
>
>I agree that the frontend should recover from whatever
>
>underlying problem is causing this.  There has been
>some
>mention in other threads (the "rebuffering" threads)
>that
>indicate that some broken pipes and other
>backend-frontend
>communication problems are not yet handled ideally,
>but
>are being worked on in the current CVS.

I've installed the CVS and have to say that about 70% of the time I can
now hit EXIT to get back to the menus when it freezes, but live TV will
not work properly again after doing this.  I have to restart _both_ the
frontend and backend if I do this.  If I don't restart the backend, then
the next time I go to live TV, it's guaranteed to freeze within 4
seconds, and the exit button won't respond that time.

-Tony