[mythtv-users] Recorded programs show black screen / livetv dead on reboot

Michael Cohn mythtv at calibreassociates.com
Fri Dec 19 09:50:03 EST 2003

I've been following Jarod's Fedora install on a Pundit box with PVR-350.  (Thx
Jarod!)  I'm almost there...

Two major problems left (yes, there are minor ones too):

LiveTV and the EPG works fine.  However, when I try to watch a recorded program,
all I get is a black screen.  Once I get this black screen, it seems that ivtv
dies completely.  In order to get LiveTV working again I need to shut down
mythfrontend, and run the following 4 lines:

 # /usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -u 0x3000
 # /usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -p 4
 # /usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -f width=720,height=480
 # /usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -v input=3,output=1

The same is true of a reboot.  LiveTV will not run after a reboot without first
entering these four lines.

 - Am I supposed to store these lines in a config somewhere?
 - Any ideas for where to begin investigating the black screen on recorded programs?

Thanks for the advice,

-- Michael

BTW -- this isn't said often enough... MythTV RULES!  I can't wait to get this
working!