[mythtv-users] Re: Nova-T ac-tex damaged etc.

Fri Dec 19 09:28:23 EST 2003

> Maybe I'll go back and have a look see at this thread, what driver are other
> people using?

> I've got linux-dvb.2003-11-08.tar.bz2.

Anything post 1.0 is good.  The obselete -DVB branch used to be somewhat faster at channel change than the dvb-kernel (although I call it obselete, it's basically the old and stable driver, but some updates are still going into it)

I think your issue is just that your disk controller is tying up the PCI bus for too long because it's not using DMA.  Hence the tiny buffers in the Nova are overflowing and data is getting lost.