[mythtv-users] Sound problem on Shuttle SB61G2

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Dec 19 03:55:18 EST 2003

On Dec 19, 2003, at 12:20 AM, Andreas Weder wrote:

> I'm at a loss to explain an audio issue I have with the current
> drivers and mythTV 0.13.
>
> I can listen to audio from all applications, including mplayer,
> but I don't get any sound from mythTV::TV. I briefly had sound
> about two weeks ago, but I couldn't repeat what I did there.
[...]

What if you "cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg" and play that back with
mplayer? ("mplayer test.mpg"). Do you hear audio at that point?

I noticed you mention you had the ivtv-kmdl installed. What about the
ivtv base package?

> Any ideas?

Look in /var/log/messages and /var/log/mythbackend/mythbackend.log for
possible clues.

Also, what audio output are you using? S/PDIF or analog? You might try
toggling off the "hardware AC3 passthrough" option in the frontend
setup, if you have it enabled. (Can't recall exactly where, or what the
exact label is, but it did bad things on my system with all non-ac3
audio files in MythTV).

> Does anyone run such a configuration (of modules)
> successfully?

There's no reason it shouldn't work, once everything is configured just
right.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...