[mythtv-users] MythTV & RAID

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Thu Dec 18 15:16:47 EST 2003

>   I read an email earlier that said something about Myth has an issue
>   or problem with RAID drives.

Can you be more specific?  Can you quote the relevant message?

>   Yet I read other posts from veterans who say they are running RAID
>   setups with their Myth.

I've been running my Myth backend with 3x146 GB drives in a
(software) RAID-5 arrangement for several months now (from 0.10 through a
bunch of CVS code to 0.12 and now 0.13) with not a single problem related
to the RAID array.  Could be that the post you read was referring to Linux
support for a specific hardware RAID card, but in my experience, there's
no problem with Myth and Linux software RAID.