[mythtv-users] how to keep /dev/video? and /dev/dsp? consistent

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Thu Dec 18 14:30:21 EST 2003

I'm in the process of setting up a new backend/frontend box.  It will have
one analog tuner (supported by btaudio), two M179s, and two sound cards.
What's the best way to make sure everything shows up at the same
/dev/dsp?, /dev/video? after reboots?  Should I be using the "add
below/above" statements in /etc/modules.conf so that no matter which
module I load first, it'll load all of the others?

This isn't completely correct syntax but I was thinkign something along
the lines of this in my modules.conf:

add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner btaudio bttv snd-emu10k1 snd-intel8x0

But I'd have to have an "add below" line for each of the modules
mentioned, correct?

ie.,
add below msp3400 saa7115 tuner btaudio bttv snd-emu10k1 snd-intel8x0
add below saa7115 tuner btaudio bttv snd-emu10k1 snd-intel8x0

etc... ?

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>