[mythtv-users] wireless keyboards

pvrman at xemaps.com pvrman at xemaps.com
Thu Dec 18 13:09:58 EST 2003

Joel Anderson wrote:

>>These were the same requirements that I had for my HTPC keyboard, and I
>>

>got the following one > for $34 shipped (in the US) which meets all the
>following requirements --
>

>>1. It has the mouse built-in
>>2. The mouse is a real trackball, not the crappy "pointing device" stuff
>>3. It is RF based, and the range seems to be very good
>>

>http://www.cmicomputer.com/cgi-bin/quikstore.cgi?detail=yes&product=pwkbmswl
>

>>$34 shipped
>>

>This link goes to an IR board, not RF.  Is the link wrong?  Looks like a
>nice board though.
>
>Regards,
>Joel Anderson

Another member asked me the same question :)

Yes, that is the correct link. Even though the item description /says
/it is an IR keyboard, the actual one that I received is definitely RF.

This keyboard is somewhat funny, because it has a red semi transparent
plastic filter in the front, just like other IR devices have, but it
definitely transmits RF and the receiver is also most definitely an RF
receiver since it has no IR receiver LED and the keyboard works even
when it is not in line of sight.

Also, both the receiver and keyboard has a "connect" button each, which
you need to press initially to establish the connection.

The kerboard looks like it was designed to emit BOTH IR and RF, but I
have not verified if it emits IR *also*.

I will be happy to answer any other questions anyone may have about this.

pvrman

P.S. To see the reference, go to http://www.pricewatch.com and search
for "built in trackball". This keyboard is the 5th one in the list.