[mythtv-users] Mouse direction as arrows

Stephen English steve at secomputing.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 12:18:48 EST 2003

Hi,
I have a shuttle remote
(http://www.shuttle.com/hq/product/barebone/specs_a.asp?A_id=17) - it's
great, and I'm using it under linux fine. It's just a USB keyboard and
mouse. However, I have 2 problems:
1. It has many extra windows buttons. Some of these are sent as
combinations, alt-windows key or something like that, so I can't (I think)
use xmodmap to assign them to something myth will understand. Any ideas how
to get round that?
2. The mouse is great, but under myth it would be more useful to use those
buttons as left-right-up-down arrow keys. Does anyone know of any way to
reassign usb mouse directions to arrow keys?

I understand that neither of these questions are particually myth related,
but I'm hoping that someone may have tried to do similiar things before for
their myth box.

Thanks,

Stephen English